The Fubär Fuzz is from the expanding universe of the monstrous, limited edition Blackout Fuzz Bear, a wild five-knob, do-it-all fuzz exploration device itself. The Fubär represents the entire timeline of fuzz, from the smooth glissando machines of yore to more modern oscillating gated fuzz. At the heart of the Fubär is a Tone Bender MkII circuit, built with a triplet of silicon devices. Then, after adding layer upon layer of control options, things get Fubär in a hurry.
Classic fuzz? Check. Oscillating, psychotic fuzz madness? Check. Expression capabilities?! Oh yes, check and check. The Fubär not only contains an expression Jack (10kΩ), it contains an EXP knob (which is a second Sag control, switchable as a preset with the associated footswitch) and the option to run the knob in parallel with the expression pedal itself (via internal DIP switches), giving users the option for some wild expression capabilities while reclaiming the knob usually lost to expression control.
- Capable of classic, play-the-hits-vintage Tone Bender sounds
- Capable of ripping velcro fuzz, with control over gating via Bias knob
- Capable of every type of messed up fuzz sound out there from wild oscillations, unpredictable pitch shifting to synth-like sounds
- New Exp control and footswitch give users a second preset Sag control, so you can set up 2 user settings.
- Expression control over Sag/Exp
- Option to run expression pedal in parallel with EXP knob
- Internal DIP-switch: choose to have Exp knob in parallel to the expression pedal, or not.
- 9V operation. Negative center supply with 2.1mm plug required; top-mounted.
- Mono input/output jacks; top-mounted.
- Expression pedal control over Sag/Expression control. Exp jack side mounted.
- Range, Bias, Sag, Fuzz, Exp, Volume controls
- 40 mA current draw
- Made by hand in Asheville, NC USA
- True bypass switching