Equally capable of invoking the sacred sounds of a classically refined overdrive AND summoning raunchy Stoogesesque drive, with more crunch on tap than the overdrive moniker usually entails. With such a wide palette of tones and character, the Mantra Overdrive will feel just as at home at the feet of the stalwart blues crowd as it will the quintessential rock & roll protagonists. The Mantra OD is also at home on guitar, bass, organ, vocals, aux sends, etc.
The Mantra utilizes amp-like circuit architecture, with multiple cascaded MOSFET and JFET gain stages to ensure the most natural, touch-sensitive overdrive conditions possible and a seemingly endless range of clean-up with your guitar’s volume knob. We burned a lot of midnight oil to make sure that the Mantra could get down with vintage-type, low output single coils, and hot humbucker pickups alike. From gently fingerpicked melodic phrases to bludgeoning riffs that you’ll want to play over and over and over until you finally say fuxx your tube screamer. This is rock-n-roll.
- Unequaled touch sensitivity and guitar volume knob cleanup
- Orange-inspired tone section allows mid control by raising or lowering Treble & Bass controls
- More gain range than usually available from “overdrives”
- 2 internal trim pots for biasing JFET transistors. Pro tip: adjust for loudest output, if needing to rebias.
- Try it at 18V!
- 9V – 18V!!! Negative center supply with 2.1mm plug required; top-mounted.
- Mono input/output jacks; side-mounted.
- 10-15mA current draw
- Treble, Bass, Gain, Volume controls
- Extremely touch-sensitive cleanup, guitar volume knob clean up
- Made by hand in Asheville, NC USA
- True bypass switching