MUSKET FUZZ v2
Classic Blackout! A best selling, highly tweakable, highly fuzzed-up iteration of the vintage muff-type circuit. But why stop at 4 gain stages? 5 is clearly 1 better. The Muskets added controls over MIDS-shaping, PREamp control, and FOCUSing the sub-low end frequencies address all of the commonly discussed shortcomings of the old 3-knob fuzz.
With those additions, the Musket is able to traverse the decades, the continents, and the many versions of muffs along the way – from emulation to beyond. From Floyd-ian singing violin sustain to dreamy, grungy growl; the flexibility is all there at your fingertips.
- PRE – a front end clean boost to slam the fuzz circuit for all kinds of new weirdness. The FUZZ control interacts with it to not only control the amount of fuzz but also sustain and compression.
- MIDS – lets you control the tonal flavor of the Musket from super scooped up to mid-boosted and everything in between. The ability to adjust the MIDS brings a whole new world to the fuzz pedal and will make sure that you are never buried in the mix again.
- FOCUS – this seemingly subtle control is at the heart of the Musket’s uniqueness. The FOCUS knob is a pre-fuzz sub-low end control that allows the Musket to not only produce vintage fuzz but to also get a more modern quasi-distortion/fuzz flavor with a sharper note attack and better palm muting capability than any other muff-type circuit that we know of.
- 9V operation preferable, but safe up to 18V. Negative center supply with 2.1mm plug required; top-mounted.
- Mono input/output jacks; side-mounted.
- 10-15mA current draw
- Preamp, Midrange, Focus, Gain, Volume, Tone Control
- Not particularly sensitive to order placement in fx chain
- Made by hand in Asheville, NC USA
- True bypass switching