The logical progression from then to now, the MUSKET is based on one of the raunchiest, best-selling fuzz circuits of all time – taken three giant muffy steps further. With the addition of the PRE, FOCUS & MIDS controls, the MUSKET is able to traverse the decades, the continents, and the many iterations of the classic 4-stage fuzz circuit – from emulation to beyond. If you need fuzz and you need it to be massive…
And bass players, look no further. The Musket brings the thunder to perfectly compliment your lightning. You’ll find the Musket on pro bass player boards the world over.
- PRE – a front end clean boost to slam the fuzz circuit for all kinds of new weirdness. The FUZZ control interacts with it to not only control the amount of fuzz but also sustain and compression.
- MIDS – lets you control the tonal flavor of the Musket from super scooped up to mid-boosted and everything in between. The ability to adjust the MIDS brings a whole new world to the fuzz pedal and will make sure that you are never buried in the mix again.
- FOCUS – this seemingly subtle control is at the heart of the Musket’s uniqueness. The FOCUS knob is a pre-fuzz sub-low end control that allows the Musket to not only produce vintage fuzz but to also get a more modern quasi-distortion/fuzz flavor with a sharper note attack and better palm muting capability than any other muff-type circuit that we know of.
- 9V operation preferable, but safe up to 18V. Negative center supply with 2.1mm plug required; top-mounted.
- Mono input/output jacks; side-mounted.
- 10-15mA current draw
- Preamp, Midrange, Focus, Gain, Volume, Tone Control
- Not particularly sensitive to order placement in fx chain
- Made by hand in Asheville, NC USA
- True bypass switching